Securing Your Privacy and Data
Securing Your Privacy & Data
In a time when computer security breaches at large and small organizations have become increasingly common, we understand your deep concern about protecting your personal and financial information. Tax Shop has software, network, personnel, and policies designed to help protect your financial and personal information—not only from the most skillful hackers, but also from the careless error that could lead to loss or release of information.
Tax Shop has crafted a multilayered solution, combining several technologies that work together in an effort to shield your sensitive information from unauthorized access and tampering.
- Intrusion protection and detection systems monitor all access to the Tax Shop and actively stop attacks.
- A combination of firewalls and access controls work to limit network access to personnel who need it.
- Moreover, firewalls are equipped with deep-packet inspection that searches automatically for viruses, spam, and other forms of intrusion.
- All electronic transmissions of your account and personal data within the Tax Shop and it’s tax software (Drake) are encrypted thus preventing it from being tampered with.
- Tax Shop backs up all information nightly where it is stored in a remote location to prevent data loss.
Our Polices & Procedures (IRS)
- In addition with IRS compliance, third parties seeking information on clients is not permitted without the written consent of the clients’ and the use of IRS authorized form 7216.
- Form 7216 specifies the requestor and purpose of the information. If this form is not used, it is the clients’ responsibility to adhere to this privacy issue and information will not be shared by Tax Shop.
- For investment clients, Advisory Group Equity Services, Ltd., offers access and information developed especially for you.
- Tax Shop’s data retention policy is compliant with the IRS and Mass DOR. We retain any hard copy files for three filing years and a fourth year in archive. Beyond those years and other information are shredded using the service, Shred-it. When full, a locked steel bin, property of Shred-it is removed and replaced with another empty bin. The full bin is taken to a remote location and shredded 8 fold. A certificate confirmation is delivered by Shred-it to Tax Shop acknowledging the records were destroyed.
Returns Including Payroll & Planning
Years of Experience
Anthony D. Speziale
President and FounderAnthony (Tony) graduated from Bentley University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting he also holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration cum laude from University of Massachusetts. He began his career in mutual funds with Putnam and Fidelity Investments and has also held positions with SunGard Brokerage Systems and Professional Alternatives, Inc.
Tony is an Enrolled Agent licensed to practice before the Internal Revenue Service and the Mass. Department of Revenue allowing him to represent clients in tax court audits. Tony is also an investment advisor representative holding the FINRA Series 6, 63 and 65 securities registrations through Trust Advisory Group Ltd. and producer license with Massachusetts State and New Hampshire Non-Resident Life, Accident and Health. This allows him to work with businesses and individuals creating tax and retirement planning, a key in savings and performance. Clients continue to have strong, lasting relationships.
Tony consulted as a Business Systems Analyst in tax and compliance systems and had contracts with JPMorgan Chase, Putnam Investments, Tanisha Systems and Arabella Insurance.
Tony currently resides in Saugus, MA with his wife Karen. They enjoy traveling, bowling and a good comedy. Tony continues to be involved with the community volunteering his time notably with the Saugus Lions Club for eye research and the Crohns and Colitis Foundation.
Contact Tony at ASpeziale@taxshopsaugus.com.
Jeffrey R. Zaginailoff
Senior Tax ConsultantJeffrey (Jeff) graduated from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Economics, and a dual-major in Finance and Organizational Management. He began his career with State Street Bank and was an assistant Vice President with Putnam Investments. Jeff currently is employed at Fidelity Investments as Director of Holdings Disclosure Policy.
Jeff is a Registered Tax Return Preparer and has designed several spreadsheet models useful at our practice for tracking and accounting for self-employed clients and for various tax scenarios encountered at our practice. Many of Jeff’s clients find their appointments with him to be not only efficient and productive, but also informative and enlightening.
Jeff was born in Melrose, grew up in Beverly, and currently resides on Revere Beach. His interests include fishing, skiing, music (he plays the guitar and keyboards) and Civil War history.
Contact Jeff at JeffZ@taxshopsaugus.com.
Lisa A. Desmond
Lisa graduated from Burdett School with a Certificate in Accounting. She was employed by Charles Koritsas Tax Service. She also held positions at Stride Rite, Orion Research and the Winthrop Arms.
Lisa oversees the office and the payroll function for our business clients. She handles the e-filing and direct deposit acknowledgements. She’s the first one you meet on the other side of the office. Year round, Lisa cares to several corporate clients in accounting, bookkeeping, payroll and compliance services. Her attention to detail with client interaction assures the result of accurate and timely financial statements.
Lisa resides in Winthrop, MA with her husband Mark. She has two children, Anthony and Jamie. She spends time with her family and plans to travel within the near future.
Contact Lisa at LDesmond@taxshopsaugus.com.
Karen Domenico Towski
Karen graduated from Bay State College with a degree in Business. She has over 20+ years of office and administrative experience. Karen held several senior and executive administrative positions at Fidelity Investments overseeing HR and administration for several executives throughout the company and worked closely with the SVP of Public Relations. She now works for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Although Karen has moved on working for the state, she still helps out on Saturdays during the tax filing period. She will be here to greet you and take care of your tax workflow. She is als a Notary Public in Masachusetts.
Karen was born and raised in East Boston, she now resides in Saugus, MA with her husband Joseph and children – Jake and Alexa. She enjoys spending time with family and friends. Her hobbies are cooking, gardening, crafting and spending time at the beach.
Contact Karen at KTowski@taxshopsaugus.com.
Tisha Y. ShumTisha is president of TYS Consulting Inc. Her firm provides project and database management. Tisha’s clients include Brown Brothers Harriman, JPMorgan Chase, State Street and Bank of NY.
Tisha graduated from Northeastern University with a dual major in accounting and finance. She’s a certified AGILE petitioner in the technology field. She is also a certified tax practitioner. You’ll find Tisha in the background where she prepares returns. Together with her database skills, she is helping to automate some manual tasks creating a more efficient process. Tisha resides in Hingham, MA.
Contact Tisha at TishaS@taxshopsaugus.com.